Meat-mix yellow rice
A yummy rice recipe from my mom! An instant upgrade I learned to make on the pressure cooker after mastering plain white rice. Let's get to it!
Ingredients (x2 servings)
- 300grs rice/1 regular-sized cup
- 1 chicken breast (diced)
- 250grs diced pork meat (no specific kind)
- 5 sausages
- 1 whole garlic
- 4-5 red bellpepper strips
- A handful of green beans (cut in half)
- 1 tomato (grated)
- 1.5 cup water or stock (basically, 1.5 times the measure of rice used)
- Olive oil, salt
- (Optional) Saffron/yellow food coloring
- Heat olive oil (coating the bottom of the cooker) on low-medium heat, add garlic head to cooker (it will stay in the cooker the entirety of the recipe). Cook bellpepper strips first for about 2-3 minutes until a bit softer and golden, then remove strips.
- Add all meat and cook until golden (about 10 minutes). Season with salt as it cooks (2 pinches should do just fine), then remove.
- Grate tomato and add to cooker along with the green beans.
- When tomato melts (after 2-3 minutes), add rice and mix around until tomato has been well incorporated into it.
- Add meat, then your 1.5 cup water or stock (mix a bit of saffron or yellow food coloring to it before adding to it, if you have any), then the bellpepper strips. Season with salt to taste (2 big pinches should do).
- Close the cooker and let cook for 8 minutes.